Monday, June 16, 2014

Wedding Ceremonies that include your Children


Today, many couples are entering into a marriage with children. Some with children from the bride and children from the groom. Then there are couples where only one partner has children coming into the new family.

A happy New brother & sister

As an experienced Officiant, it is my joy to create a ceremony that allows the blended family to have the children included in the ceremony rather than just a part of the bridal party.

After all, they play a very important role in this newly formed family. To begin a marriage without including them, and making them feel they truly have importance in the new family, could lead to ill feelings.

Teenage children included in the Unity Wedding Tree Ceremony
Whether the children are old enough to walk or not, I have creative ways to include them in your ceremony that will warm the hearts of all.

The photo below shows Rev. Heart with a son from the groom and a daughter from the bride. I did a sweet little “Sibling Vows Ceremony” Where I explained to the children that they were about to become brother and sister; sharing the same home, as well as sharing their mother and father. Next I knelt down to them and asked each one to say “I Do” if they promised to be best brother and sister to one another that they could be. When their little voices were heard over the speakers saying “I Do”, the on looking guests replied “aww!” as their hearts were filled with love for the children too.
Sibling Vows
 There are many more children ceremonies I can design depending on the needs of your blended family and ages.

Unity Candle including your children

 I can guarantee you that it will be a moment in your wedding ceremony that you, and your guests, won’t forget.

Parents Vows to their Children
Please contact me with your request to include your beloved children in your wedding ceremony on 919-373-4267
www.raleighweddingofficiant.com

No comments:

Post a Comment